Monday 1 January 2024

COMPLIMENT OF THE SEASON.

It seems scammers never rest.

"COMPLIMENT OF THE SEASON." is the title of a phishing email I've just found in my inbox. It's been there for a few days, but I'm a lazy person and don't open my email every day. Just one of many bad habits I need to break in 2024.

The text of the email made no mention of the festive season though.  Instead it offered me $3.75 million "for your past effort".

As phishing emails this one seems rather lazy. I can't see anything that would tempt anyone to claim their money.

What kind of person falls for something like this?

And then I found a couple more. One offering a 40% refund on my insurance, and another claiming to be my bank statement from a bank with which I don't have an account.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Purpose

Instead of making a New Year's resolution for 2024, I've chosen One Word to guide my year. I discovered the concept on a Facebook gr...